For the 99.9% of us who suffer from "Low Battery Anxiety," here are some tricks you can try to extend your phone battery’s life:
- Extreme temperatures make your phone work harder to perform and can drain your battery life in doing so. Keep your device between 32 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit for it to operate best.
- Don't close your apps. You may have heard that clearing them out will save battery life, but it's a myth. Frequently swiping up to close apps actually uses up more battery power and makes your phone run slower.
- Use low power mode. It's simple: Go to Settings > Battery and select Low Power Mode. You'll hardly notice a difference.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the go. When these features are left on, your phone uses up precious battery life by searching for a connection.
- But do connect to Wi-Fi when it's available. Using 4G or LTE soaks up the most battery
- Turn down your brightness.
- Ditch vibrate mode. It sounds unreal, but having your phone set to buzz for every call, text or notification drains your battery much more than silent or loud mode.
photo credit: Getty Images